Opening Day is March 31, 2011, and the Washington Nationals will play the Atlanta Braves beginning at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for opening day have sold out. Fans who are unable to attend for the first game of 2011 may more easily get tickets to attend games on April 2 and 3, 2011. On Saturday, April 2, the Nationals will be giving away magnet schedules/car magnets, presented by ExxonMobil, to the first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark and on Sunday, April 3, the team will devote all pregame ceremonies to commemorate the National Cherry Blossom Festival which will feature festival-themed events and activities.
The Washington Nationals will honor the six newest members of the Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame prior to the team's 2011 season opener against the Atlanta Braves on Thursday, March 31, 2011. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the legendary sports club, whose 2011 inductees include:
- James Brown, Host of CBS Sports "The NFL Today"
- Dominique Dawes, Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast
- Brian Mitchell, Former Washington Redskins Running Back
- Willie Stewart, Former Anacostia High School Head Football Coach
- Michael Wilbon, ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" Co-Host & Former Washington Post Columnist
- Morgan Wootten, Former DeMatha High School Head Basketball Coach
Twitter | Facebook | Free newsletter