- Sat. July 14, 3-7 p.m. - $25, Acre 121, 1400 Irving Street NW
Washington, DC. Kick off Party. Admission gets you access to live local music from Listen Local First, a buffet of local BBQ/sides and a ticket for one local beer! 21+ only.
- Mon. July 16, 5:30-7 p.m. - $50 Happy Hour and Awards Reception. $85 Femivore Sourced Dinner. 2275 L Street NW Washington, DC. Three amazing women will compete for guest votes during the Happy Hour for a $1,000 award to support their locally sourced food projects built around the ideas GROW, NOURISH or INSPIRE.
- Tues. July 17, Gardens open for touring 5-8 p.m. OLD CITY green, 902 N Street NW
Washington, DC. Greening DC One Garden at a Time is the theme for this year's tour. The self-guided tour will feature a collection of public and private sustainable gardens, guerrilla gardening (learn how to make seed bombs), a workshop with DC Greenworks to learn the importance of and how to install a rain barrel and after-party at OLD CITY green with seasonal food, cocktails and music by the Sligo Creek Stompers.
- Wed. July 18, 3-7 p.m. The Phillips Collection Auditorium. Panel and Audience Discussion, followed by a reception at 5 p.m. at Tryst at the Phillips 21st and Q Streets NW Washington DC. Panelists will discuss actions and strategies for continuing to grow the local food movement with restaurants, grocery stores, farms, CSAs, markets, and artisanal products.
- Fri. July 20, 5:30-8:30 p.m. 821 Upshur Street NW, Washington, DC. Enjoy food and drinks and meet the winner of the first StartUp Kitchen competition!
StartUp Kitchen is an exciting new project to provide a start-up food entrepreneur an opportunity to partner with a local restaurant to temporarily operate
their food concept in a restaurant setting without the risk and investment normally required.
- Sat. July 21, 1-7 p.m. V Street NW, between 13th and 14th, Washington DC. Enjoy dishes made with ingredients from local farms, drink local craft beer and wine, shop local retailers and take craft food classes in the pop-up park, and hear music from Listen Local First! Tickets are $15.