This week, the Smithsonian
launched a new advertising campaign with the tagline, "Seriously Amazing," to showcase the world class museums and help people understand that the Smithsonian is a place of scientific discovery, cultural exploration and collaborative learning. Ads will run online, in magazines and in outdoor venues in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington, DC. The ads feature seven characters, each representing areas of Smithsonian expertise:
The Smithsonian - Frequently Asked Questions
- The Discoverer explores the world and the universe.
- The Storyteller is about America, its people and the tales they can tell.
- The New is where technology and creativity collide.
- The Wild represents the diversity of the animal kingdom.
- The Green reflects the wonder of the natural landscape.
- The Masterpiece embodies artistic expression.
- The Mash-up stands for the ways people share culture.
On the National Mall in Washington DC
Best Museums for Kids in Washington DC