See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia. (If you are looking for a different week, please visit my homepage at dc.about.com
National Cherry Blossom Festival - March 20 - April 14, 2013. See the blossoming of thousands of cherry trees on the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC. The festival kicks off this weekend with the Family Days at the National Building Museum. See the schedule of events including the parade, kite festival, concerts, fireworks and more.
More Upcoming Washington, DC Events
March Festivals and Events in the DC Area
- Washington Home and Garden Show - March 22-24, 2013. Washington Convention Center. Visit hundreds of displays and see thousands of products and millions of flowers for the home and garden.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus - March 21-24, 2013, Verizon Center, Washington, DC. The family friendly event features acrobats, animal-trainers, clowns and more.
- Maryland Day Celebration -
March 22-24, 2013. Historical and cultural institutions in Annapolis and southern Anne Arundel County open their doors to the public offering special tours, events, and programming for $1.00 or less.
- Marine Corps 17.75K - March 23, 2013. Prince William County, VA. The unique 17.75K distance of 11.03 miles will be held just outside Marine Corps Base Quantico taking runners on a course along the wooded paths and scenic roads of Prince William Forest Park.
- Francophonie Cultural Festival - Through April 13, 2013, Various locations around Washington DC. Explore the diversity of the French-speaking world through concerts, theatrical performances, films, culinary tastings, literary salons, children's workshops, and more.
- DC Environmental Film Festival - Through March 24, 2013. Times and locations vary. See documentary, feature, animated, archival, experimental and children's films from around the world at a variety of venues around Washington, DC.
April Festivals and Events in Washington DC