See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
June Festivals and Events in Washington DC
July Festivals and Events in Washington DC
- Capital Pride Through June 9, 2013. A street festival and parade celebrate pride in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender communities in Washington, DC.
- DC Jazz Festival - June 5-16, 2013. Enjoy more than 100 jazz performances at concert venues and clubs throughout Washington, DC.
- UniverSoul Circus - June 5-9, 2013. RFK Stadium Festival Grounds, Washington DC. The family-friendly event combines circus arts, theater, and music.
- Summer Theater in Washington DC -With dozens of performances around the region, here is the schedule of the top shows for the 2013 season.
- The Source Theater Festival - June 7-30, 2013. Source Theatre, 1835 14th Street, NW Washington, DC. See a variety of performances including three full-length plays, 18 10-minute plays and three Artistic Blind Dates.
- Celebrate Fairfax! Festival - June 7-9, 2013. Northern Virginia's largest annual community-wide celebration features live music, children's activities, a community market place, a laser show and fireworks.
- USAF Cycling Classic - June 8-9, 2013. Crystal City, VA. The cycling event raises money to help members of the United States military who have sustained Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Annapolis Arts and Crafts Festival - June 8-9, 2013. Annapolis, MD. The two-day celebration of the arts features the juried works of more than 150 fine artists and craftsmen, wine tastings, food, live entertainment and activities for the entire family.
Taste of Wheaton - June 9, 2013. Wheaton, MD. Enjoy a variety of food samples from local restaurants, live music and kids activities.
- Langston Golf Course Heritage Celebration - June 8, 2013, 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Washington DC. Activities will include a 9 hole scramble golf tournament, display tents, special guest drop-ins, golf instruction for children and adults, and a panel discussion of historians, authors, and African American golf greats.
- Civil War Fort Day at Fort Ward - June 8, 2013, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Fort Ward Museum & Historic Site, Alexandria, VA. A variety of living history interpreters will portray aspects of military and civilian life in the Washington area during the Civil War.
- World Oceans Day Celebration - June 8, 2013, noon-4 p.m. National Aquarium, Washington, DC. Celebrate oceans and raise awareness about the role oceans plays in our lives and how people can help protect them. Activities include ocean-themed games and prizes, arts and crafts, an ocean pledge, a photo opportunity with Coral the mermaid and a shark feeding.