On Labor Day Weekend 2013, 30 drum corps from throughout North America will compete in Drum Corps Associates' 49th annual World Championship competition at Navy Marine Corps Stadium at 550 Taylor Ave. in Annapolis, Maryland. The organization hosts nearly two dozen shows across the United States throughout the summer, culminating in the World Championship. This should be an entertaining event and a fun time to visit Maryland's state capital.
Annapolis Visitors Guide
Top 10 Things to Do in Annapolis
- Thursday, August 29 - 5:00 p.m. - DCA at the Dock - Free performance
- Friday, August 30 - 4:00 p.m. - Individual /Ensemble and Mini Corps at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium - Free admission
- Saturday, August 31 - 2:00 p.m. - DCA Championship Preliminary Competition. Ticket prices range from $27 to $39.
- Sunday, September 1 - 10:00 a.m. - Alumni Spectacular featuring "old school" drum corps. Ticket prices range from $18 to $28.
- Sunday, September 1 - 5:00 p.m. - DCA World Championship Finals - Winners of Saturday's preliminaries square off for the title. Ticket prices range from $32 to $79.