See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
November Festivals and Events in Washington DC
- ICE! - Christmas at the Gaylord National Resort - November 15, 2013-January 5, 2014. The award-winning holiday attraction kicks off this weekend. The winter wonderland is created entirely of 5,000 BLOCKS of ice weighing 1.5 MILLION POUNDS hand-sculpted by 40 international artisans and kept at a chilling nine degrees Fahrenheit. Visit the attraction early and avoid the crowds!
- Museum Shop Around at Strathmore - November 14-17, 2013. Shop at 16 museum shops under one roof at the Mansion at Strathmore, 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, Maryland.
- Holiday Craft Shows in the Washington DC Area - Through December. Arts and craft shows are wonderful places to shop for unique gifts for the holidays. Check out the Fairfax Holiday Craft Show this weekend. Mark your calendar for more events throughout the season.
- Fall Fringe - Through November 17, 2013. The performing arts event brings back select highlights of the summer festival that introduces risk-taking art and non-traditional performances.
- Love in Afghanistan - through November 17, 2013. Arena Stage, 1101 Sixth Street SW, Washington DC. The show brings to life the tale of two fantastically different people discovering love in the most unlikely of places: war-torn Afghanistan.
- Vintage Crystal: 1K Wine | Beer Walks - November 16-17, 2013, 1 - 7 p.m. Crystal City Shops, 1750 Crystal Drive, Crystal City, VA. Walkers sample dozens of wine or beer varieties as they make their way through a fun, indoor course.