See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
February Festivals and Events in Washington DC
- Chinese New Year Events -
Throughout the month, enjoy a variety of special celebrations honoring the Year of the Horse in the Washington, DC area. Don't miss the parade in Chinatown on February 2, 2014!
- Super Bowl 2014 -
February 2, 2014. Find parties and places to watch the big game in the Washington, DC area.
- Washington Auto Show - Through February 2, 2014. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW Washington, DC. See more than 700 new vehicle makes and models, enjoy live entertainment, celebrity guests and new car giveaways.
- Black History Month - Throughout the month of February, remember the contributions of African Americans in the United States with numerous events and cultural programs.
- Chocolate Lovers Festival - February 1-2, 2014. Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. Enjoy a festival of everything chocolate! See the Chocolate Challenge, an arts contest featuring breathtaking art made completely of chocolate, sample chocolates, historic re-enactments, children's activities, craft show and more.
- Freezin' For a Reason Virginia Polar Dip - February 1, 2014. 1609 Washington Plaza, Reston, VA. Individuals in crazy costumes and creative flair will take a chilly full plunge or a "Chicken Dip" - to raise funds for Camp Sunshine.
- Rockville Town Square Annual 80s Nite - February 1, 2014, 6-10 pm. Rockville, MD. The ice rink will turn neon pink and guests are encouraged to dress in their best 80s gear and skate to the decade's greatest hits.
- Groundhog Day at Dupont Circle Park - February 2, 2014, 7:30 a.m. Dupont Circle, Washington DC. Potomac Phil, the National Groundhog, will make an appearance and offer weather and political predictions. Live accordion music, polka dancers, puppet show, VIP celebrities and more.