See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
March Festivals and Events in Washington DC
2014 National Cherry Blossom Festival
- Distribution of White House Easter Egg Roll Tickets - March 7-10, 2014. Free tickets will be distributed via an online lottery. Don't miss your chance to attend the annual event on Easter Monday on the White House grounds.
- Dance Bethesda - March 7-8, 2014. Dance the night away at downtown Bethesda studios! Join Bethesda's dance studios for FREE lessons, parties and performances.
- DC Craft Beer Festival - March 8, 2014. Washington Convention Center. Washington, DC. The American craft beer tasting will feature seminars and food and the spring releases from approximately 75 breweries including 150 craft beers.
- Maryland Polar Bear Plunge - March 8, 2014. Annapolis, Maryland. Rescheduled from an earlier date. During the charity event for Special Olympics Maryland, thousands of participants of all ages are daring enough to take a dip in the wintry waters of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Francophonie Cultural Festival - Through April 15, 2014. Learn about French culture through a variety of concerts, theatrical performances, films, culinary tastings, literary salons, children's workshops, and more.
- Women's History Month - Throughout March. Washington, DC is the home to the many important sites that are dedicated to preserving and honoring the contributions of women. This month is a great time to visit these museums and historical sites.
- Intersections Arts Festival - Through March 8, 2014. Atlas Performing Arts Center. The arts festival at the Atlas Performing Arts Center in Washington DC, features visual art, film screenings, literary readings and dance, musical and dramatic productions by more than 30 artists and cultural institutions.
- Washington Jewish Film Festival -
Through March 9, 2014. The annual event shows films with Jewish themes and encourages a dialogue about a variety of issues.
- Frederick Restaurant Week - Through March 9, 2014. The 7-day promotion features fixed-price lunch and dinner options in the city of Frederick, Maryland and the surrounding area.
- Arlington Home Show & Garden Expo - March 8, 2014, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. The Thomas Jefferson Community Center, 3501 S. 2nd Street, Arlington VA. The event features more than 85 home builders, contractors and specialist vendors, architects, inspectors, landscape designers, realtors, master gardeners, lenders, nonprofit organizations and Arlington County housing, zoning and inspection representatives.