See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
More Upcoming Washington, DC Events
April Festivals and Events in Washington DC
- 2014 National Cherry Blossom Festival - Through April 13, 2014. The capital welcomes spring with this annual tradition begun by the gift of 600 trees to the United States from Japan in 1912. See the calendar of events including the parade, kite festival, concerts, fireworks and cultural events.
- Parade of the National Cherry Blossom Festival - April 12, 2014, 10 a.m. Constitution Ave. NW Washington DC. See wonderful entertainment for the whole family including decorated floats, gigantic colorful helium balloons, marching bands, clowns, horses, antique cars, military and celebrity performances, and more.
- Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival - April 12, 2014, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Downtown Washington DC. The huge Japanese street party includes live entertainment, food, arts, games and a Ginza Marketplace.
- Easter Egg Hunts in the Washington DC Area - Various dates. Find a variety of family-fun Easter events around the capital region.
- Marine Corps 17.75K -
April 12, 2014. Prince William County, VA. The unique 17.75K distance of 11.03 miles will be held just outside Marine Corps Base Quantico taking runners on a course along the wooded paths and scenic roads of Prince William Forest Park.
- Thomas Jefferson Birthday - April 13, 2014, 11 a.m. Visit the Jefferson Memorial and attend the wreath-laying ceremony to mark the birthday of our third president. The event will feature a military color guard, patriotic wreath tributes and the sounding of Taps.
- DC Design House Tours -
April 13 - May 11, 2014. Washington, DC's premiere residential design showcase features a home renovated by the region's top interior designers. Tours are available and raise funds for Children's National Medical Center.
- Smithsonian Jazz Appreciation Month - Throughout April 2014. Various locations. The Smithsonian celebrates jazz music with special talks, workshops, concerts and more.
- Francophonie Cultural Festival - Through April 15, 2014. Learn about French culture through a variety of concerts, theatrical performances, films, culinary tastings, literary salons, children's workshops, and more.
- Smithsonian Craft Show -
April 10-13, 2014. National Building Museum, Washington DC. This is your chance to buy unique crafts from the most prestigious exhibition of contemporary American arts in the nation.
- Bay Bridge Boat Show -
April 11-13, 2014. Kent Island, Maryland. The show kicks off the boating season each spring with a display of hundreds of new and late model brokerage boats and boat equipment displays.
- Bethesda Literary Festival -
April 11-13, 2014. Dozens of authors and writers conduct readings, talks and other activities at galleries, bookstores and other sites in downtown Bethesda.
- Tall Ship Schooner Virginia comes to Alexandria -
April 12-13, 2014, 12-5 p.m. G/H Pier on the North End of the Marina at 201 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. A tall ship recreation of the Virginia Pilot Association's last pure sailing vessel, in operation from 1917-1926--will dock in Alexandria, the first stop of its 2014 tour, where, along the historic waterfront, visitors are invited to participate in deck tours.
- Pink and Drink Bar Crawl - April 12, 2014, 1-9 p.m. Enjoy a day of drink specials, new friends and your best pink outfit to support breast cancer awareness. Participating establishments include: The Front Page, Rumors, Ozio, Public Bar, Irish Whiskey, The Mighty Pint, The Mad Hatter, Sign of the Whale, Cafe Citron, Fiesta Lounge, Kabin and more. Ages 21 and up only.