See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia.
More Upcoming Washington, DC Events
April Festivals and Events in Washington DC
- Passover in Washington, DC -
April 14-22, 2014. Find resources for celebrating the Jewish holiday in the Washington DC area, including kosher markets, restaurants, synagogues and more.
- Filmfest DC - April 17-27, 2014. See a wide range of extraordinary new films from around the world at a variety of Washington, DC locations.
- National Park Week - April 19-27, 2014. The National Park Service encourages everyone to enjoy the natural wonders found in parks across the country. Special activities will take place around the region.
- Easter in Washington, DC - April 20, 2014. See a guide to celebrating the holiday in the nation's capital including the schedules and suggested venues for Easter brunch, Easter egg hunts, religious services and other special events.
- White House Easter Egg Roll - April 21, 2014, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Bring the kids to hunt for Easter Eggs and visit with the Easter Bunny on the White House lawn. See also Easter Egg Hunts in Maryland and Virginia.
- African American Family Celebration at the National Zoo - April 21, 2014, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. At this year's multicultural tradition, the Zoo will offer an Easter egg roll/hunt, crafts, live entertainment, a food bazaar, and more family-friendly fun. Talk with Smithsonian scientists, who will share their work with such African animals as the kori bustard, cheetah, gorilla, and gaboon viper.
- DC Design House Tours -
Through May 11, 2014. Washington, DC's premiere residential design showcase features a home renovated by the region's top interior designers. Tours are available and raise funds for Children's National Medical Center.
- Smithsonian Jazz Appreciation Month - Throughout April 2014. Various locations. The Smithsonian celebrates jazz music with special talks, workshops, concerts and more.
May Festivals and Events in Washington DC