The Bottom Line
- Decor provides a rustic elegance
- Food is well-prepared and portions are generous
- Prices are reasonable
- Menu is not as adventurous as the decor
- Address: 2 Preserve Parkway, Rockville, MD
- Phone: 301-294-0200
- Price Range: $8.95 - $23.95
- Attire: Casual dress
- Hours: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night fare and Sunday brunch.
Guide Review - Clyde’s Tower Oak Lodge: Restaurant Review
This restaurant is one of the newest of Clyde's, with its other locations in Georgetown, Reston, Alexandria, Chevy Chase, Tysons Corner, and Columbia. Clyde’s restaurants are famous throughout the Washington area for fresh ingredients and classic American recipes. Each location has its own favorites and specialties.
The specialities at Clyde’s Tower Oak Lodge include prime rib, Maryland-style crab cakes, salmon, scallops and mussels sautéed in pesto linguini, pecan and sage crusted trout, grilled pork chop and wild mushroom ravioli. The food is well-prepared and portions are generous. There is enough variety to please any palette. However, given the atmosphere, I was surprised not to see dishes like venison, elk or pheasant on the menu.
Reviewed December 2004 - Prices are subject to change