LocationNational Archives Building
Constitution Avenue steps
between 7th and 9th Streets, NW
See a map of the National Mall
Seating on the Constitution Avenue steps is available on a first-come, first-seated basis. Highlights of the day include:
Ceremony - 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Ceremony emcee, C-SPAN host Steve Scully
- Presentation of Colors by the Continental Color Guard
- Performance by the U.S. Army 3rd Infantry (The Old Guard) Fife and Drum Corps
- Remarks by Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero
- National Anthem led by the United States Air Force Band
- Dramatic Reading of the Declaration of Independence by historical reenactors portraying Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Ned Hector.
- Listen to stories of our patriotic past in the Boeing Learning Center 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- Participate in a variety of hands-on family activities in the Boeing Learning Center.
- Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., meet Revolutionary figures: Abigail and John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, Thomas Jefferson, and other historical figures.