The Great American Festival combined two of Washington DC's largest Independence Day events, The Uncle Sam Jam & National FreedomFest, taking over the National Harbor waterfront with live outdoor entertainment. Tickets are required and expected to sell out in advance. This is a 21+ event!
- Live music performances featuring more than 12 local bands including Eve 6, Ozomatli, The Dance Party, Lost in Paris and See-i! Move and groove to multiple DJs including Skratch & Sniff and Pat Premier!
- Food and drink concessions, featuring beer, spirits and a variety of summertime specialties
- Fireworks - a dazzling show with musical accompaniment over the Potomac River
June 30, 2012. (No Fireworks will be held in 2013)
Fireworks at sundown, around 9:30 p.m.
National Harbor Waterfront
See a map
National Harbor is a 300-acre waterfront destination in Maryland with a prime location on the Potomac River, located near Washington DC. The mixed-use community includes hotels, restaurants, retail stores, condominiums, a full-service marina, a convention center, and commercial office space. For more information, see a Visitors Guide to National Harbor.
Admission: $19.99, Drinks: $20 for 5 (6 when purchased at the event)
Purchase tickets at www.greatamericanfestival.com
National Harbor Hotels
- Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
- Hampton Inn and Suites
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Wyndham Vacation Resorts Timeshare
Additional Viewing OptionsNational Harbor is visable from Old Town Alexandria, so the following locations are likely to be good spots to view the fireworks across the Potomac River.
- Oronoco Bay Park
- Founders Park
- Waterfront Park
- Pomander Park
- Jones Point Park
- Belle Haven Country Club