See Photos of the Sculpture Garden
Sculpture Garden LocationNational Gallery of Art
7th St. and Constitution Ave., NW.
There are six public entrances to the Sculpture Garden. You can access the garden from Constitution Avenue at 9th Street, NW, from 7th Street, NW,(directly across from the Gallery's West Building entrance) or from the National Mall between 7th and 9th Streets NW. See a map of the National Mall.
Sculpture Garden HoursThe Sculpture Garden is open during regular Gallery hours, Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sculpture Garden hours are extended until 9 p.m. on Jazz in the Garden evenings. The Gallery is closed on December 25 and January 1.
Pavilion CafeThe cafe is open year-round and offers a panoramic view of the Sculpture Garden. The menu includes pizzas, sandwiches, salads, desserts, and beverages.
Pavilion Café HoursMonday–Thursday and Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m. (Through October 3)
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Ice-Skating Rink HoursThe ice rink is open mid-November through mid-March weather permitting.
Monday–Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Skating FeesTwo-hour session (beginning on the hour)
$8 for adults
$7 for skaters age 50 and over, children age 12 and under, or students with a valid school ID
$3 for Skate rentals (ID required as a deposit)
Lockers are available for $0.50 ($5 deposit required)
Skating LessonsSkating lessons are available for all ages through the Skate with U.S. program designed by the U.S. Figure Skating Association.
- Snowplow Sam and Mom/Dad & Me: Classes introduce children as young as three to skating while holding a parent’s hand.
- Children’s Classes: Classes for children who no longer need the assistance of an adult, are comfortable on the ice, and are ready to learn to skate backward and to glide on one foot.
- Adult Basic Group Lessons: Teens and adults have many opportunities to hone their skating skills with lessons organized according to four levels of experience.
- Sculpturise and Ice Theater: For skaters inspired by the monuments and sculptures surrounding the rink, the artistry performance class provides a wonderful creative outlet.
- Hockey: Classes for children and adults.