The U.S. Air Force Cycling Classic is a two-day cycling event including Pro races for qualified professionals, and the Crystal Ride, a non-competitive ride for cycling enthusiasts of all abilities. The weekend’s races will begin on Saturday with the Air Force Cycling Classic’s Clarendon Cup, a criterion race that showcases the Clarendon businesses around the Clarendon Metro. Sunday events move from Clarendon to Crystal City showcasing the vibrant shops and restaurants of the area with the non-competitive Crystal Ride and the series of races that make up the Crystal Cup.
Dates: June 7-8, 2014
Schedule of EventsSaturday - Clarendon Metro Stop
- 8:00 a.m. Men’s Master’s Race: For male racers over 40. Must have a valid USA Cyclicng racing license to participate.
- 8:55 a.m. Men's Elite Amateur Race: For elite amateurs holding a valid USA Cycling Category 1-3 license. Top amateur race in the Mid-Atlantic.
- 9:55 a.m. Women’s Elite Race: For female professional and elite amateur racing teams.
- 11:35 a.m. Kids Races: Free and open to all children, ages nine and under. These races are divided into four age-based heats.
- 12:00 p.m. Men’s Pro Race: In it’s 14th year, this race highlights cycling’s top professionals, who will battle to complete 100 laps on the short, exciting 1km course.Pro teams from over 5 countries have been invited to this invitational format, including over 12 US based Professional teams.
- 7:30 a.m. Crystal Ride: A non-competitive ride for cyclists of all abilities on a car-free, 12.5km course around the Air Force Memorial, the Pentagon and through Crystal City. Riders have the option to participate for fun or to use the ride to raise money for the Air Force Aid Society.
- 11:15 a.m. Kids’ Races: Free and open to all children ages nine and under. This race is divided into four age-based heats.
- 11:30 a.m. Men’s Pro Race: The Pros will depart from the U.S. Air Force Memorial and make their way down to the 2km course in Crystal City. They will then compete on in the second day in Arlington, with the yellow jersey up for grabs, going to the overall winner of the General Classification.
- 1:25 p.m. Women’s Elite Race: The women will also be competing for their own yellow jersey on the 2km course that showcases the hart of Crystal City.
- 2:30 p.m. Men's Elite Amateur Race: For category three and four racers. Must hold a valid USA Cycling license to participate.
- 3:25 p.m. Men’s Elite Amateur Race: For elite amateurs holding a valid USA Cycling Category 4 racing license.
Read More About Crystal City, Virginia