Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a 100-acre European-themed amusement park with 17th-century charm and more than 50 rides and attractions. Families enjoy thrilling activities and entertainment with stops in England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, and Italy. Located just a few hours south of Washington DC, Busch Gardens offers a full day of fun and makes a great day trip or weekend getaway. The park is near Colonial Williamsburg, a historic region of Virginia that boasts a wide variety of attractions including historical sites, amusement parks, shopping, fine dining and much more.
New at Busch Gardens
- In May 2014, Busch Gardens will open a new stage with super powerful video projectors and nearly 2,000 audio speakers for the London Rocks™ show at the Globe Theatre. The show is a musical journey through British rock ‘n’ roll culture in a rousing live-action and multimedia rock spectacular.
- In 2013, Busch Gardens introduced its first ever food festival featuring authentic tastes of Europe paired with family-friendly activities and entertainment. Admission is included with park admission and individual tastings range in price from $3-$7.
- Also, enjoy world-class thrills aboard Verbolten®, Busch Gardens’ newest attraction located in Oktoberfest. This multi-launch, indoor/outdoor roller coaster sends guests on a fun and mystifying family adventure through the Black Forest.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Highlights
- Home to top-rated roller coasters including the Griffon, the world’s tallest and first floorless dive coaster and the all-new drop tower thrill ride, Mach Tower, the park’s tallest ride at nearly 240 feet
- Voted the world’s “Most Beautiful Park” every year since 1990
- Main stage shows offer park guests live musical performances, animal antics and 4-D theater experiences
- International cuisine and world-class shopping
- The Sesame Street Forest of Fun features family-friendly rides, playgrounds and a 4-D Sesame Street movie
One Busch Gardens Blvd.
Busch Gardens is located at Exit 243A on I-64. See a map
Calendar and Operating Hours
The regular operating season is the end of March through October.
General Admission $70
Children ages 3 - 9 $60
Children ages 2 and under are free
For just $99, the 2-Park Summer Fun Pass offers unlimited admission to both Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
- Buy tickets in advance so that you do not have to wait in line. Purchase a seasons pass to save time and money.
- Visit on a weekday. The park is most crowded on the weekends and holidays.
- Arrive early to get the most out of your day. Head to the most popular rides first. Lines get longer late in the day.
- Stay a few days and visit Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown.