Best Museums for Teens
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Museum of American History
- Holocaust Memorial Museum
- National Air & Space Museum
- National Portrait Gallery
- Mount Vernon Estate
- Bureau of Engraving
- International Spy Museum
- Crime Museum
- Madame Tussauds
MonumentsThe national monuments are truly spectacular and fun to explore day or night. Teens enjoy taking a walking tour of the city, visiting the monuments and memorials and learning about the historic figures who have most influenced America. During the warmer months of the year, teens enjoy paddle boating on the Tidal Basin in front of the Jefferson Memorial. Another great place to visit is Arlington National Cemetery, America's largest burial ground with the gravesites of more than 250,000 American servicemen and historical figures.
Best Sightseeing Tours for TeensMonuments by Moonlight
Washington DC Capital Bike Tour
Exploring DC NeighborhoodsWashington, DC has a variety of fascinating neighborhoods with interesting architecture and fun places to eat and shop. Neighborhoods that have the widest appeal for teens include Georgetown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle and Alexandria, Virginia.
Government BuildingsWhen visiting Washington, DC, it is a great time to learn more about how the federal government operates. You can take tours of the White House (arranged in advance or visit the White House Visitor Center), the U.S. Capitol, and the Supreme Court. Also, visit the National Archives and see the original documents of the U.S. Constitution.
Live EntertainmentUnder 21 Clubs - Washington DC Nightlife for All Ages
Top 10 Concert Venues in Washington, DC
IMAX Movie Theaters
Sports and Outdoor Recreation
- Attend a baseball game at Nationals Stadium or a football game at FedEx Field
- Ride a bicycle – See a guide to the best bike trails in the Washington, DC area
- Rent a kayak – See a guide to kayaking in Washington, DC
- Enjoy the outdoors-have a picnic or go for a hike at one of the parks in Washington, DC