What's New at Kings Dominion?
- In 2013, eight new rides will open at Planet Snoopy, the themed area based on one of the most beloved comic strip characters. Planet Snoopy will boast 18 total rides, spanning nearly 14-acres, doubling its size. The new rides include: Snoopy’s Rocket Express, Flying Ace Balloon Race, Linus Launcher, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up, Snoopy’s Junction, Lucy’s Tugboat, Snoopy’s Space Buggies, and Woodstock Whirlybirds.
- Also in 2013, Kings Dominion will expand its live show offerings featuring 7 new live shows, 10 total, making it the largest entertainment line-up in years. Highlights include a high-energy BMX-style bike show and a Broadway-style musical revue.
- New for 2012, WindSeeker, a 301-foot-tall tower spins riders 30 stories above the park. Soaring 300 feet above Kings Dominion will provide a a thrill unlike no other in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Also, new for 2012, Dinosaurs Alive! features nearly 40 animatronic dinosaurs in a spectacular outdoor forest setting. Park visitors step back in time to periods between 245 million and 65 million years ago in this multi-sensory and interactive dinosaur park. An additional $5.00 fee is required for this attraction.
- Added in 2011, “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular,” a million dollar nighttime walk-through light and sound experience features Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang. Designed using a dazzling mixture of low energy and high efficiency LED lighting, this immersive light and sound spectacular will be located along the park’s center walkway, from the Eiffel Tower to The Grove area, featuring 1.2 million LED lights.
- Intimidator 305 is a $25 million roller coaster that was added in 2010 with a lift hill of 305 feet and a first drop that rivals the height of the park’s landmark Eiffel Tower. It is only the second Giga-coaster ever built in North America and is the tallest and fastest roller coaster of its type on the East Coast.
Address16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, Virginia
Kings Dominion is located at Exit 98 on Interstate 95, 75 miles south of Washington, DC and 20 miles north of Richmond, Virginia. See A Visitors Guide to Richmond
Calendar and Operating HoursKings Dominion is open weekends from March 29, 2013 through Memorial Day, daily for Spring Break from March 29-April 7 and daily Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. Kings Dominion opens at 10:30 a.m. everyday. Waterworks Water Park opens at noon, weather permitting Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. Closing times vary throughout the season. See the calendar here.
TicketsPurchase your ticket online and get a discount. The Best Deal-Purchase your ticket 3 days in advance and save $15. There is a $15 parking fee per vehicle.
- Buy tickets in advance so that you do not have to wait in line.
- Visit on a weekday. The park is most crowded on the weekends and holidays.
- Arrive early to get the most out of your day. Head to the most popular rides first. Lines get longer late in the day.