The best place to view the Alexandria Holiday Boat Parade of Lights is the from the docks of the Alexandria marina. Santa will arrive via boat to visit with children dockside at the gazebo and will be available for photos. Inside the Torpedo Factory Art Center, many artists will hold special holiday shows with gift items.
See Photos of the Holiday Boat Parade
Holiday Boat Parade Schedule:Saturday, December 1, 2012 - Held Rain (Snow) or Shine
- 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. - Festivities on the docks at the Alexandria Waterfront (music and entertainment)
- 4:15 p.m. - Santa arrives by boat - pictures with Santa for Kids and Canines
- 5:00 p.m. - Parade starts at the Alexandria Waterfront
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. - Parade at Washington Channel, Washington, DC.
Location and Transportation
- The Alexandria Waterfront is located behind the Torpedo Factory Art Center, which runs north along Union Street, between King and Cameron Streets. See a map of Alexandria. The closest Metro stop is King Street station, which is about 10 blocks to the east of the waterfront. You can walk from there or take the free King Street Trolley. On-street parking and public parking lots are available within walking distance to the waterfront. Read more about parking in Old Town Alexandria.
- Washington DC - You can also watch the parade from the Southwest Waterfront, at 7th and Water Sts. The closest Metro stops are Waterfront and L’Enfant Plaza. See a map.