The holiday season kicks off just after Thanksgiving with the Annual Gettysburg Christmas Parade and continues for four weeks with concerts, open houses, special holiday displays and great decorations throughout the town. Get into the holiday spirit with live perormances at the historic Majestic Theater or for an active diversion, head to Liberty Mountain Resort in nearby Carroll Valley, Pa and enjoy a day of skiing, snowboarding or snow tubing. Two miles south of Gettysburg are the Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg, where you'll find more than 70 stores for holiday shopping.
For information about Gettysburg attractions, tours and travel planning, see A Visitors Guide to Gettysburg, PA.
2012 Holiday Events in GettysburgSee Gettysburg Christmas Pictures
- Dec. 1, 8, and 15 - Civil War Christmas at the Shriver House - Experience a Candlelight Christmas Tour of the museum and hear how the Battle of Gettysburg and the Civil War changed the Shriver family’s lives forever.
- Dec. 1 - 31 - An Eisenhower Christmas - Celebrate Christmas at the Eisenhower National Historic Site and see the family’s home decorated as it was during their presidential years in the 1950s.
- Dec. 8 - Gettysburg Holiday and Historic Homes & Inns Tour - See some of the region's most historic inns decorated in Christmases past.
- Dec. 14- Annual Gettysburg Tuba Carol Fest – Enjoy a concert of Christmas Carols on "historic" Lincoln Square.
- Dec. 21 - "Bowfire: Holiday Heart Strings" at the Majestic Theater – Get into the holiday spirit with a variety of holiday music.
- Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve Celebration – Celebrate with a spectacular fireworks display over Lincoln Square, overlooking some of the most historic buildings in America.