See Photos of Christmas at National Harbor
National Harbor is located in Prince George's County, Maryland on the Potomac River, just minutes from Washington, DC. For directions and general information about the area , see A Visitors Guide to National Harbor
Schedule of Events at the National Harbor
- Gaylord National Resort's ICE! - November 16, 2012 through January 6, 2013. Gaylord National Resort, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland. The winter wonderland is an interactive attraction featuring ten different, larger-than-life scenes. Visit with the whole family throughout the holiday season. See Photos of ICE! Nightly entertainment at the Gaylord National Resort includes a Tree of Light, indoor snowfall, tree lighting show, Brightest Star Fountain Show and much more.
- National Harbor Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony - November 23, 2012, 7-11 p.m. Waterfront Plaza - National Harbor. Kick off the holiday season with fireworks and the lighting of a 60ft Christmas tree decorated with 20,000 lights. With hot chocolate and roasted nuts to keep visitors warm, the tree lighting will include story-telling and an ornament-making workshop from the National Children's Museum as well as performances by Abbey Miller, Rashida Jolley, and the cast from Spirit of Christmas! The evening's finale will be a spectacular light show featuring the lighting of the National Harbor Christmas Tree and fireworks.
- National Harbor Christmas Light Show - Nightly throughout the holiday season. Waterfront Plaza - National Harbor. The light show will continue each night through the holiday season. Beginning the half hour after sunset and continuing every half hour until 10 p.m.
- Harbor Holiday Festival - New This Year! - November 30-December 2, 2012. Located in a big top heated tent, the festival will include crafts and gifts, live entertainment, food and wine, kids activities, and plenty of holiday cheer!
- Friday Night Family Fun & Fireworks - November 30, December 7, 14 and December 21, 2012, 5-8 p.m. Every Friday between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, visitors will enjoy an evening of family-friendly activities including strolling entertainment, open houses at participating retailers, live music and fireworks. Live music begins at 5 p.m., and fireworks are set off at 7 p.m.
- National Harbor’s Holiday Market - December 22 & 23, 2012, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. American Way between Waterfront Street and Fleet Street. Find great holiday gift ideas, decorations and tasty treats lined in tents.
- Waterskiing Santa Claus - December 24, 2012, 1 p.m. On Christmas Eve, Santa will glide across the Potomac River, making a special visit with guests and visitors before his big night.