Carter Barron Amphitheatre is a 3,700 seat outdoor concert venue in a beautiful wooded setting in Rock Creek Park. The facility opened in 1950 in honor of the 150th Anniversary of Washington, DC as the nation's capital. The National Park Service operates Carter Barron, offering a variety of quality performances, including reggae, Latin, classical, gospel, musical, pop, R&B, jazz, new age, theater, and dance. This year's performances are all FREE and include the screening of outdoor movies! No tickets are required.
Concert Line: (202) 426-0486
Rock Creek Park
4850 Colorado Avenue, NW (16th Street and Colorado Avenue, NW)
Transportation and Parking:Free parking is available in the lot adjacent to the amphitheatre. Neighborhood parking is restricted. Carter Barron is not directly accessible to Metrorail. The closest Metro stations are Silver Spring and Columbia Heights. From these stations, you must transfer to the S2 or S4 Metrobus.
- August 8 - Reggae Night. With Junior Marvin’s Force One (formerly of Bob Marley and the Wailers), Ruth-Ann Brown, Ras Lidj & Deep Band. No tickets required, First Come-First Served, Gates open at 7 p.m. and shows begin at 7:30 p.m.
- August 15 -Neo Soul Night. With Black Alley, Lysette Titi, Wes Felton. No tickets required, First Come-First Served. Gates open at 7 p.m. and shows begin at 7:30 p.m.
- August 16 - DC Poetry Festival. Featuring The Last Poets, Honoring Gil Scott-Heron. First Come-First Served. Gates open at 7 p.m. and shows begin at 7:30 p.m.
- August 21 - MOVIE NIGHT. No tickets required, First Come-First Served. Gates open at 7 p.m. show begins at dusk (approx 8:15 p.m.)
- August 22 - MOVIE NIGHT. No tickets required, First Come-First Served. Gates open at 7 p.m. show begins at dusk (approx 8:15 p.m.)
- August 30 - DC Blues Festival. Shakura S’Aida, Selwyn Birchwood Band, Eddie Turner, Shirleta Settles and Friends, Hardway Connection, Stacy Brooks Band and many more. Gates open at 12:00 Noon, First Come-First Served.
See More Free Summer Concerts in Washington DC