Hersheypark, a 110-acre amusement park in Hershey, PA, features more than 60 rides and attractions, including roller coasters, kiddie rides, water attractions, live entertainment, games, food and shops. Hersheypark is located about 2 hours north of the Washington, DC area and makes an easy day trip or weekend getaway. The region has plenty of affordable accommodations and family-friendly entertainment for all ages.
New at HersheyparkIn May 2012, Hersheypark debuts a new rollercoaster – Skyrush. The mega/hyper coaster with winged seating is the park’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, towering above at 200 feet, soaring with speeds in excess of 75 mph and careening along 3,600 feet of twisting and turning steel track. Skyrush features one-of-a-kind inner/outer seating with two platform, floored seats flanked on each side by a floorless, winged outer seat. The winged seating offers a staggering 270-degree panoramic viewing perspective with an innovative “freedom-style” restraint system.
- 12 roller coasters, including Fahrenheit, the new "vertical lift inverted loop coaster" that ascends 121 feet before plummeting down a 97-degree drop.
The Boardwalk at Hersheypark includes 10 water attractions, including East Coast Water Works, the largest water-play structure in the world.
- More than 20 kiddie rides for the youngest visitors.
- Gift shops feature Hershey souvenirs and world famous candy to take home.
Hershey’s Chocolate World offers a free tour through a simulated tropical rainforest where visitors learn how cocoa beans grow and are harvested.
- Admission includes free entrance to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, an 11 acre zoo with more than 200 animals.
Hersheypark Live EntertainmentEach season the park’s entertainers perform 15 different high energy live shows in the theaters and midways. New shows start every 15 minutes between the hours of noon and 8 p.m. every day from Memorial Day weekend through August. Hersheypark Summer Concert Series presents an exciting line-up of local and national artists each Sunday in the Amphitheatre. Shows are included in the park’s admission price and seating is on a first-come-first served basis. Hershey’s Product characters (the Hershey’s Bar, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and Hershey’s Kiss) mingle with guests outside of the Music Box Theatre and greet guests at select locations around the park.
Address100 W. Hersheypark Drive. Hershey, PA
Calendar and Operating HoursThe regular season is early May through late September. Hours vary throughout the season. The Boardwalk is open Memorial Day-Labor Day Weekends. See a calendar.
TicketsGeneral Admission (ages 9-54) $53.95
Junior (Ages 3-8) $32.95
Senior (Ages 55-69) $32.95
Senior + (Ages 70+) $21.95
Discounts are available for multiple day admissions, late day arrivals and combination tickets with Dutch Wonderland.
Tickets are available online
- Buy tickets in advance so that you do not have to wait in line. Purchase a seasons pass to save time and money.
- Visit on a weekday. The park is most crowded on the weekends and holidays.
- Arrive early to get the most out of your day. Head to the most popular rides first. Lines get longer late in the day.
- Be sure to leave time to visit Hersheys Chocolate World and ZooAmerica (admission is included in the ticket price)
Hotels Near HersheyparkThe Hotel Hershey
Courtyard by Marriott
Best Western Hershey
Hampton Inns and Suites
Comfort Inn at the Park
Quality Inn and Suites