The GI Film Festival presents both classic and premier films celebrating the heroic stories of the American Armed Forces and the worldwide struggle for freedom and liberty. This unique film festival will be held in Washington, DC just before the Memorial Day weekend to honor the courage and selflessness of American troops. The GI Film Festival includes dozens of film screenings and presentations by award-winning Hollywood actors and directors and panel discussions with soldiers, journalists, authors, and filmmakers. This year the GI Film Festival has partnered with AMC Theater in Shirlington Village of Arlington, VA. Located only minutes from DC, a majority of the festival films will be screen there.
Dates: May19-25, 2014 - Details to Be Announced
Highlights of the 2013 GI Film Festival
- 50 films spanning the Civil War era to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Robert Davi, Bond Girls, and Aston Martin Classic Cars—"Secrets and Spies" black-tie gala and silent auction will kick-off the festival on Monday, May 6 with special guest, acclaimed actor and Bond film villain Robert Davi
- Congressional Reception with Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Rep. John Kline (invitation only)—Disney and Broadway Star Christy Carlson Romano will perform the National Anthem on May 7.
- International Film Night with David James Elliot—JAG star David James Elliott will host GIFF’s International Film Night at the Canadian Embassy on Wednesday, May 8. Short films from six countries will be featured including Canada, Germany, the U.K., Australia, Denmark and the U.S.
- Friday Night Red Carpet Event with actor and military veteran Mark Valley—Mark Valley of Boston Legal and Body of Proof fame will receive GIFF’s inaugural “Veterans in Entertainment” award on Friday, May 10.