During Alexandria Restaurant Week more than 60 restaurants will be offering special menus and pricing to entice visitors to dine in Alexandria, Virginia, just five miles south of Washington, DC. The restaurants are offering either a $35 prix-fixe three-course dinner or $35 dinner for two. Alexandria Restaurant Week is a great time to try a new restaurant at reduced prices. During this event diners can indulge in some of the latest food trends in Old Town, Del Ray, Carlyle and the West End, at fine dining establishments and casual neighborhood favorites. See a map of Alexandria.
Dates: August 15-24, 2014
Tips for Getting the Most out of Alexandria Restaurant Week
- Make reservations early, many of the most popular restaurants get booked up.
- Read menus and reviews. Restaurant Week is a good deal at the priciest restaurants. Some restaurants offer pre-fixed menus all the time, so specials during this week may not offer as big a savings.
- When you make your reservation, confirm pricing and that the restaurant is participating in Restaurant Week.
- Share your experience. Submit a Restaurant Review.
New for Summer 2014
- First-time participants include Vermilion, famous for serving President Obama and the First Lady, BRABO by acclaimed chef Robert Wiedmaier, Waterfront Market, offering riverside dining, Evening Star Café and the new Kaizen Tavern in Del Ray, and Artfully Chocolate Bistro & Wine Bar in Carlyle.Vermilion, BRABO, Evening Star Café, Waterfront Market, Kaizen Tavern and Artfully Chocolate Bistro & Wine Bar
- Special $35 dinners for four at Hard Times Café and Foster’s Grille
- Vegan menu by Teaism Old Town with cold, hot and sweet courses
- Five vegan options at GRAPE + BEAN
- New Mexican menu at Waterfront Market
- New French bistro-style menu at Artfully Chocolate Bistro & Wine Bar in Carlyle
Reviews of a Few Participating Restaurants
Bastille - 1201 N. Royal Street, Alexandria (703) 519-3776
BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier - 1600 King Street, Alexandria (703) 894-3440
Carlyle Club - 411 John Carlyle Street, Alexandria (703) 548-8899
Gadsby's Tavern - 138 N. Royal St., Alexandria (703) 548-1288
The Grille at Morrison House - 116 S. Alfred Street, Alexandria (703) 838-8000
Alexandria Restaurant Week is sponsored by the Alexandria Convention & Visitors Association and is a popular event, occurring twice per year, in the winter (January/February) and summer (August). For a complete list of all of the participating restaurants and to make reservations, visit www.AlexandriaRestaurantWeek.com.