Belgian Restaurant Week Dates: July 16-21, 2013.
Mussel Throw Down - Saturday, July 20, 2013, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Eastern Market, 225 7th Street SE, Washington, DC. Admission is $5 and includes one beer or pot of mussels. Belgian-influenced chefs will “mussel” their way to the top, preparing unique variations in this madness of mollusks using various ingredients and a Belgian beer. Adding another level of competition, this year, chefs will also put their taste buds and beer suds skills to test in the first annual Blind-folded Beer Tasting. Each chef will be tasked with identifying the type of Belgian beer they are sampling based on taste alone. Is it a Belgian Lambic or Triple? Double Blonde or White?
- B Too - 1324 14th Street NW Washington, DC (202) 627-2800
- Belga Café - 514 8th St SE, Washington, DC (202) 544-0100
- Brasserie Beck - 1101 K St., NW Washington, DC (202) 408-1717
- ET Voila - 5120 MacArthur Blvd NW Washington, DC (202) 237-2300
- Granville Moore’s - 1238 H St NE Washington, DC (202) 399-2546
- Locolat - 1781 Florida Ave NW Washington, DC (202) 518-2570
- Mussel Bar - 7262 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD (301) 215-7817
- Le Pain Quotidien – several locations in the DC area
Read more about Restaurant Weeks in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia