Dates and Times
February 5 - 9, 2013
2 - 6 p.m.
- February 5-8 – Wine Tasting Room (free to the public) - a unique opportunity to purchase tastes/glasses of premium wines from around the world’s premier wine regions and meet winemakers and educators.
- February 5 – Regional Wine & Food Celebration - an opportunity to sample a menu of international cuisine by some of DC’s most accomplished chefs, including the International Trade Centers’ own Xavier Deshayes and Todd Gray of Equinox, while tasting wines to highlight the flavors.
- February 6 – 2nd Annual Sommelier Showdown - local sommeliers challenge each other in feverishly tasting and identifying wines—bragging rights included.
- February 7 - 8 – International Tasting Day - featuring over 200 wines from 200 diverse wineries. Winemakers and vintage professionals will answer questions and provide insight into each winery’s history and the winemaking process. A demonstration stage will feature presentations during the evening, with liveJazz entertainment.
- February 9 – The Last Sipper—Sustainable Saturday. This event will feature recipes from Washington DC Chef’s Table, a recently published cookbook highlighting some of DC’s best chefs. Guests will sample food and beverage focused on sustainability and responsible farming practices. This walk around tasting will celebrate DC and the local chefs that support these important sustainability efforts.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
This year, the International Food & Wine Festival has formed a partnership and silent auction benefitting Cohn’s Kitchen. Cohn’s Kitchen is a DC based non-profit whose mission is to provide restaurant and culinary job training and workforce development to under-served and underprivileged young adults with a demonstrated passion for excellence and a commitment to employment in the restaurant industry.
Tickets range from $75 - $150 for each signature event over the five day festival.