The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show is a consumer event focusing on food and entertaining with more than 400 exhibitors including specialty food companies, caterers, party planners, personal chefs, kitchen planners and appliance manufacturers. The Washington, DC show will include appearances by Food Network stars as well as cooking demonstrations by award-winning local and national chefs. The show will also include national and regional cookbook authors, demonstrations ranging from knife skills to holiday entertaining, a beer, wine and spirits pavilion featuring local mixologists and much more. This year’s show will have two new features: the Grand Tasting Pavilion with dozens of local restaurants and chefs sharing samples of their signature fare and the Holiday Bazaar, an entire section of the event dedicated to specialty gifts.
Dates and Times
November 2-3, 2013
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Washington Convention Center,
801 Mount Vernon Place NW
Adults - $24.50 (in advance), $27 (on-site)
Children ages 4-12 - $12.50 (in advance), $15 (on-site)
Children 4 and under - free.
General admission includes demonstrations and entertaining presentations on the exhibit floor.
Grand Tasting Pavilion
Sample favorites from a wide variety of Washington DC area restaurants, chefs, caterers, food trucks and specialty manufacturers including Del Campo, 1789, Cedar, Bourbon Steak, Founding Farmers, The Hamilton, Thally, Fujimar, Hank’s Oyster Bar and many more. The Pavilion will be open on Sunday, November 3, from 1-4 p.m.
- The Chew’s Jason Roberts
- Actress Debi Mazur (of Entourage) and her husband Gabriele Corcos from The Cooking Channel’s Extra Virgin
- Food Network’s Extreme Chef Terry French
- Cookbook author and James Beard 2012 Best Chef Southeast honoree, Atlanta’s Chef Hugh Acheson
- Grill Sergeant Brad Turner
- Rocky Fino, author of Will Cook for Sex: A Guys Guide to Cooking
- Kim O’Donnel, author of The Meat Lovers Meatless Celebrations
- Marcia Friedman, author of Meatballs and Matzah Balls: Recipes and Reflections from a Jewish and Italian Life
- Monica Bhide, author of Modern Spice: Inspired Indian recipes for the contemporary Kitchen.
For a detailed schedule, see the official website.
Read More About Restaurants and Dining in Washington DC