History of Rippon LodgeThe original portions of Rippon Lodge were built by Richard Blackburn. Blackburn's son, Thomas, added two rooms to the house in 1800. The property passed through two more owners - the Atkinson family and federal Judge Wade Ellis. The family of Antarctic explorer and descendant of Richard Blackburn, Admiral Richard Blackburn Black, lived there until 2000, when the family sold the house and 40 acres of land to Prince William County for $1.4 million.
15500 Blackburn Road