Located just 25 miles northwest of Washington, DC, along I-270. Nearby communities include Gaithersburg, Boyds, Montgomery Village, Darnestown, Clarksburg and Damascus.
Ride On - a public bus system has about 20 bus routes and operates the Germantown Transit Center
MARC Train – provides commuter rail service to Washington DC on the Brunswick Line
Metrorail – The closest Metro station is Shady Grove in Gaithersburg (10 miles)
Points of Interest in Germantown, MD
- Milestone Center – The shopping center offers a variety of stores including Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Best Buy, PetSmart, Staples, Kohl’s and Giant Food.
- BlackRock Center for the Arts – The arts center offers a wide range of art classes, performances, and exhibits for all ages.
- Butler’s Orchard - The family owned farm grows more than 25 kinds of fruits, vegetables and flowers. There is a farm market and seasonal pick-your-own produce. Annual festivals bring the community together to celebrate the seasons.
- South Germantown Recreational Park – The park includes hiking trails, picnic facilities, an indoor sports complex, 22 soccer fields with a lighted stadium, baseball and softball fields, a playground, archery range, golf driving range, two miniature golf courses, a splash playground, model boating lake, a tot lot, and an indoor aquatic center.
- Maryland SoccerPlex - The multi-field soccer facility is the former home of the Washington Freedom of Women's Professional Soccer and offers a wide range of indoor sports programs.
- Seneca Creek State Park - Located on the border of Gaithersburg and Germantown, the beautiful park has a lake, boating, fishing, hiking tails, a disc golf course, pavilions, and a creatively designed playground made with recycled tires.
- Button Farm Living History Center – The historical plantation, situated on 40-acres inside of Seneca Creek State Park, is Maryland's only living history center depicting 19th century slave life and telling the story of the Underground Railroad.
Black Hill Regional Park - Located just north of Germantown, this park offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, boating, picnicking, nature programs, and much more.
- Montgomery College - The largest higher education institution in Montgomery County has a campus in Germantown.
- Regal Germantown Stadium 14 - The movie theater offers stadium style seating.