No plans for New Year’s Eve? The Washington, DC area has lots of New Year's Eve celebrations. Here are some suggestions of ways to ring in the New Year in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia. Many events require reservations, so be sure to call ahead and check on specific schedules.
- Take a cruise along the Potomac River on the Odyssey or the Spirit of Washington. Enjoy an unforgettable New Year's Eve with an evening of dining and dancing while taking in skyline views of the nation’s capital.
- Take the whole family to a First Night event in Maryland or Virginia. Celebrate the New Year while enjoying local music and entertainment. See fireworks in Alexandria or Annapolis.
- Party the night away at a Hotel New Year’s Eve Party. These are some the region's liveliest parties, many with open bar and a wide variety of music and entertainment.
- Looking for a quiet, romantic New Year's Eve? Enjoy a nice meal at one of the Washington, DC area's top restaurants. Many of these restaurants offer special menus and entertainment. Most require advance reservations.
- Enjoy live music or theatre - attend a concert such as A Jazz New Year's Eve at the Kennedy Center, a New Orleans-style performance at the Hamilton, or a lively party at Georgetown's Washington Harbour. See the schedule for a variety of live performances. Advanced tickets are required.
- Attend a New Year's Eve party on the Georgetown Waterfront, take in awesome views of the Potomac River and enjoy a variety of food, drink and entertainment.
- Ring in the New Year while dancing the night away at one of Washington, DC’s nightclubs.
- Celebrate the exact time that the Emancipation Proclamation took effect at the Freedom’s Eve event at President Lincoln’s Cottage – Ring in the New Year and enjoy live music, drinks and dessert.
- Celebrate the arrival of 2014 at Maryland Live! Casino with a countdown to Midnight including a live viewing of the Times Square Ball Drop in New York City. 101 winners will receive their share of Free Slot Play prizes.
- Celebrate the New Year with comedians Christina Pazsitzky & Tom Segura from Comedy Central, Showtime, "Conan," "Chrlsea Lately" & the acclaimed podcast "Your Mom's House" at the Improv Comedy Club.
- Watch the clock strike 12:00, ring in the New Year while gathering around a large screen TV at one of Washington DC’s sports bars. Enjoy a drink and some munchies while watching the ball drop in Times Square.
Washington, DC Hotel Specials for New Year’s Eve
New Year's Eve in Maryland
New Year's Eve in Northern Virginia