City Services: 311
Emergency Number (police, fire or emergency medical services): 911
Toll Free Crime Tip Line: 1-888-919-CRIME
Crime Tip Text Number: 50411
DC Public Safety Programs
- DC Police Alerts - Residents can sign up for DC Police Alerts to find out about crimes in their neighborhood. The Metropolitan Police Department sends emergency alerts, notifications and updates to your cell phone, pager, BlackBerry, PDA and/or e-mail account. Sign up at 72hours.dc.gov.
- National Night Out - An annual event, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, takes place across the country on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan Police Department participates by rallying community members throughout DC to participate in a National Night Out Against Crime.
- Neighborhood Watch - The community-based crime prevention program encourages neighbors look out for each other’s safety, property and homes and collaborate to create safer and friendlier neighborhoods.
- Third Watch - The Metropolitan Police Department program provides citizens with a way to report and stop crime while remaining anonymous to criminals.
- Youth Advisory Council - The program gives DC public school students exposure to career paths, access to mentors, role models and internships and opportunities to participate in activities that will help them develop skills necessary to become successful adults.
Read More About the Law Enforcement Agencies in Washington DC