The Bottom Line
- nice variety of dishes, creative menu
- reasonable prices
- cozy atmosphere
- Extensive wine list and a nice selection of Ouzo
- Outdoor patio - weather permitting
- limited selection of desserts
- Street parking
- Address: 1527 17th Street, NW, Washington DC
- Phone: (202) 332-6767
- Hours Sun-Thurs 5-11pm, late night menu until 1am. Fri-Saturday 5pm-midnight/late night menu until 2am, Sat-Sun Brunch 11am-3pm.
- Prices: Small plates range from $5-13
Guide Review - Agora Restaurant Review - Washington DC
The two-story, 170-seat restaurant is warmly decorated with exposed brick, concrete flooring and an inviting 14-seat wooden bar. A wall of glass sets off the staircase to an upstairs expansion complete with 48 seats that can be used for private dining. During the spring and summer seasons, additional seating is available as the sidewalk café at Agora can accommodate 34 guests.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.
Reviewed July 2010 - Prices are subject to change