The Bottom Line
- Newly renovated, modern and beautiful nature-inspired décor
- great food at reasonable prices
- Friendly service
- Extensive wine list
- Outdoor patio dining available weather permitting
- Busy and may be hard to get a reservation
- Address: 7750 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD
- Phone: (301) 652-5525
- Hours: Closed Tuesdays, Open 11:30am, Closes at 10pm weekdays, 11pm Fri & Sat, 9:30pm on Sun.
- Reservations: Required in the main dining room. Bar and patio seating are first come, first serve.
- Parking: Parking lot next door, cost is $.75 per hour.
- Prices: Average entree $21 and up.
Guide Review - Blacks Bar & Kitchen Restaurant Review
Specialties at Black's Bar & Kitchen include a Regional Raw Bar featuring Fresh Bay, Boutique & Premium Oysters; Corncakes w/Green Tomato Jam; Black’s Corn Dog (boudin blanc) w/Purple Mustard; Tempura Soft Shell Crab w/Melon Relish; Duck Confit Salad; Crispy Whole Fish w/Orange-Coriander Sauce; All natural beef cuts; Blackberry Strudel w/Sweet Corn Ice Cream.
Black’s new glass-enclosed Wine Room holding up to 1,500 bottles in stainless steel racks serves as the wall dividing the dining room from the bar. Guests dine in a virtual vineyard, or so it appears from the illuminated 7’x70’ mural that glows along the dining room wall.
The restaurant seats 86, including a communal table seating 10. The bar has 15 bar stools + 8 bar tables. The outdoor black pebble patio with a calming reflecting pool seats 46.
Reviewed July 2006 - Prices are subject to change