The Bottom Line
Bugaboo Creek is a chain steak house restaurant with a Canadian Rockies mountain lodge theme. It's a good destination for the whole family, offering an extensive menu, unique rustic features and animated figures that appeal to children.
Update 2014: The Maryland locations are now closed. Bugaboo Creek restaurants are still open in some other parts of the country.
- Warm, family friendly atmosphere
- Menu offers a variety of steaks, seafood and appetizers
- Busy and crowded on the weekends
- Locations: 30 restaurants located in the northeast and southeast.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun Noon-9pm
- Reservations: Not accepted in advance, you can call ahead to put your name on waiting list
- Pricing: Moderate
Guide Review - Bugaboo Creek Steak House Restaurant Review
The menu at Bugaboo Creek includes traditional bar food type of appetizers like nachos, calamari, chicken wings, and "Bunyan Onions". There are soups and salads, hamburgers, prime cuts of sirloin, T-Bone, ribeye and prime rib, roasted chicken, grilled salmon and a few other seafood dishes. Kids have typical kid meal choices and get an ice cream sandwich for dessert.
Bugaboo Creek has a fun and casual atmosphere. The decor is interesting with a talking tree, talking moose head and various animals decorating the dining room. The food is reasonably well prepared, but nothing unusual.