The Bottom Line
- Cozy restaurant with a great location near Dupont Circle
- Unique French Caribbean cuisine
- Extensive wine list
- Reasonable prices
- For a small restaurant, it's a bit noisy
- Main course portions are modest
- Bar is small and has limited access
- Address: 2100 P Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Phone: (202) 223-9335
- Hours: Lunch Wed-Sat, Dinner 5-10pm, til 11 pm on weekends, Brunch on Sundays 10am-3pm, Closed Monday
- Price: Range from $7 to 15 per course, 3-course meal $35, 4-course meal $46, 5-course meal $55.
- Reservations: Accepted
- Metro: Dupont Circle
Guide Review - Cafe´ Trope´ Restaurant Review - Washington DC
Café Tropé opened in December 2007. The menu includes a variety of poultry, seafood, meat and vegetarian options. Menu highlights include Jamaican jerk chicken lollipop with fried cabbage, Vidalia onion and potato hash; filet of beef Rossini with potato allumette; plantain crusted oyster with arugula, Roquefort cheese and old bay aioli as well as rum and apple cider cured pork tenderloin with sweet potato puree and rum sauce. Tropical-infused cocktails are available as well as an internationally diverse selection of wines from France, Spain, Argentina, and the United states.
Café Tropé is a cozy restaurant with splashes of color, tropical plantings, and decorative woodwork displaying seascapes and landscapes of France and the Caribbean. The big windows and bamboo floors give it a casual garden room environment. The restaurant seats 75 people in the dining room plus 20 in the bar. Outdoor patio seating is also available during the spring and summer months (weather permitting), and can accommodate 25 guests. Two private dining rooms are also available, the first of which can accommodate 12 people and the second 30 for a seated dinner.
Reviewed January 2008- Prices are subject to change
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.