The Bottom Line
- Wonderful salad bar with an interesting variety of ingredients
- With a choice of 15 different cuts of meat, there is something to satisfy everyone's personal taste
- Authentic Gaucho (cowboy) chefs serve traditional Brazilian cuisine
- The decor is inviting and cozy
- Extensive wine list
- Meats are highly seasoned, not suitable for those on a low-sodium diet
- Address: 1101 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Phone: 202-347-4668
- Hours: Lunch Mon.-Fri. 11:30 am to 3:30 pm. Dinner every night, hours vary.
- Prices: Lunch-$32.50, Dinner-$49.50, Salad only-$22.50 Lunch, $24.50 Dinner, Children under 5-free, ages 6-10-half price
- Reservations: Recommended
- Metro: Federal Triangle Stop on the blue/orange lines
- Parking: Valet parking available for $6
- Web Site: www.fogodechao.com
Guide Review - Fogo de Chão Restaurant Review
Your meal begins with a trip to the salad bar which is beautifully presented with fresh ingredients including some unusual items such as endive, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, asparagus, hearts of palm and smoked salmon. Each person is given a two-sided disk to control the pace of their meal. The green side signals the Gaucho chefs to bring out skewers of meats to carve at the table and the red side indicates when to stop. The meats include sirloin, beef ribs, top sirloin, Filet Mignon, bottom sirloin, lamb, pork, pork sausages, and a variety of cuts including chicken legs and breasts wrapped in bacon. Traditional side dishes are available including warm cheese bread, sweet fried bananas, and garlic mashed potatoes.
Reviewed November 2005 - Prices updated February 2009, subject to change
The Washington, DC location of Fogo de Chao opened in December 2005. The interior decorated with neutral earth tones and murals depicting Brazilian life, is inviting and will accommodate 320 guests. Overlooking the main dining room is a second level with a separate kitchen, bar and salad bar making it the perfect setting for private parties.
Fogo de Chao has four restaurants in Brazil as well as locations in Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and Los Angeles.