The Bottom Line
- Creative dishes by award winning chef
- Extensive selection of tapas
- Nice wine selection
- Good Service
- Locations: Downtown Washington, DC (Penn Quarter), Bethesda, Maryland and Crystal City, Virginia.
- Phone: DC 202) 628-7949; Bethesda (301) 913-0003; Crystal City (703) 413-8181
- Hours: Vary by location, All serve lunch and dinner daily; Sunday brunch.
- Reservations: Recommended for lunch and available for dinner before 6:30pm only
- Prices: Tapas $4.95-$7.95; Entrees $7.95-$17.95, Paella $39.95 -$44.95(serves 2-4); Brunch Tapas $4.95 - $6.25
Guide Review - Jaleo Restaurant Review
Jaleo means “uproar, revelry, merry-making” in Spanish. The three restaurants are lively, each one is located in a bustling neighborhood that is popular for dining and shopping. The restaurants are inviting with huge picture windows, cathedral ceilings, and colorful Spanish paintings. Outdoor seating is available during the warmer months.
Reviewed March 2007 - Prices are subject to change
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.