The Bottom Line
- Award winning chef
- Interesting menu featuring contemporary seafood dishes
- Reasonable prices
- Large outdoor patio
- Garage and street (metered parking available)
- On weekends, open for Saturday dinner only. Closed for lunch on Saturday and all day on Sunday.
- Expensive cocktails
- Address: 400 North Capitol Street, NW Washington, DC 20001
- Phone: (202) 737-0400
- Hours: Mon and Fri 11:30am-10pm, Tues-Thurs-7am-10pm, Sat 5-10pm, Closed Sundays
- Prices: Breakfast: $7.75-$12.50, Lunch: $8.25-$32.50, Dinner: $18.25 to $32.50, Pre-Theater: Prix fixe, three-course menu $35.
- Metro: 3 Blocks from Union Station
- Valet Parking: Available after 5pm.
- Music: Live jazz plays every Saturday from 6-10pm.
Guide Review - Johnny's Half Shell Restaurant Review - Washington DC
Johnny’s Half Shell can accommodate up to 315. An outdoor patio is also available during the spring and summer months (weather permitting) which can accommodate 200 guests for a reception or 95 for a seated dinner. On the patio, guests will find a new 14-foot-long copper bar draped by 25-foot midnight blue velvet curtains, as well as a stone fire pit and new patio furnishings. The space is surrounded by 8-foot long planters that are filled with perennials and other seasonal annuals.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.
Reviewed August 2012 - Prices are subject to change