The Bottom Line
- Excellent southern-style cuisine
- Romantic and intimate setting
- Attentive service
- Limited menu choices
- Street parking or a walk to a public garage
- Address: 1015 L Street, NW (between 11th St. & Massachusetts Ave.) Washington, DC
- Phone: (202) 898-1200
- Hours: Breakfast Mon-Sat 7-10:30am, Dinner Sun-Thurs 6-9:30 pm, Fri and Sat 5:30-10 pm, Sunday Brunch 11am-2:30pm
- Price Range: Breakfast $12-19, Dinner entrees $24-36, Brunch $30-35
- Reservations: Suggested
- Closest Metro Stations: Metro Center and Mt. Vernon Square
Guide Review - Morrison-Clark Restaurant Review
The dining room at the Morrison-Clark Restaurant seats just 75 people and is decorated with gilded mirrors, Italian marble fireplaces and soaring windows outlined by lace curtains. It's a romantic setting and an especially unique atmosphere for this part of the city. Al fresco dining may be enjoyed in the brick courtyard during seasonal weather.
The Morrison-Clark Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and dates back to 1864. It was initially two homes and in 1923 was bought by the Women’s Army and Navy League and converted into an inexpensive place for American soldiers to stay while in Washington, DC. In 1987, the building was renovated and opened as the Morrison-Clark Inn.
Reviewed September 2007
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.