The Bottom Line
- Excellent food and interesting menu
- Prime location near the White House and theater district
- Nice, quiet setting, outdoor patio seating available in warmer weather
- Bathrooms need updating
- Valet parking is $8
- Address: 800 Connecticut Avenue, NW. Washington, DC
- Phone: (202) 463-8700
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11:30am-10:15pm,Fri 11:30 am-10:30 pm, Sat 5-10:30pm, Sunday open for private events only
- Reservations: Suggested
- Prices - Lunch: $7 - $20, Dinner: $8 - $36
- Closest Metro: Farragut West
Guide Review - Oval Room Restaurant Review - Washington DC
The decor at the Oval Room is contemporary and simple. The tables leave plenty of room in between to provide a quiet and comfortable setting. The restaurant has 100 seats, which include Three Private Rooms - Green Room - up to 40 persons for sit down dining, or 65 people for a standing reception. Main Room - up to 70 people for sit down dining, or 100 people for a standing reception. Curtain Room - up to 10 people for sit down dining.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.
Reviewed June 2011 - Prices are subject to change