The Bottom Line
- Great Italian cuisine, innovative and contemporary menu
- Interesting and beautiful decor
- Great location, just 2 blocks from the White House
- Reasonable prices
- Paid parking only in this area of the city
- Address: 1430 H Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Phone: (202)638-4444
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11:30am-10 pm, Fri-Saturday 11:30am-11pm, Sun-10am-3pm for brunch, 5-10pm for dinner
- Closest Metro: McPherson Square, Farragut West and Farragut North
- Prices: Appetizers $6-11, Entrées $12-$26
- Reservations: Recommended
Guide Review - Potenza Restaurant Review - Washington, DC
The contemporary design of the 10,000-square-foot restaurant includes an open linear kitchen layout with food stations consisting of a bakery with separate entrance, salami counter, raw bar, 6,000-pound pizza oven. The restaurant seats 175 in the dining room with 40 seats at the bar. A charming outdoor patio with views of the Treasury Building and the Washington Monument is also available during the spring and summer months (weather permitting), and can accommodate 60 guests.
Reviewed April 2009 - Prices are subject to change
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.
Have you dined at this restaurant? Share your experience.