The Bottom Line
- Fine rustic Italian fare
- Creative menu and nice presentation
- Extensive wine list
- Entertaining tableside magic performances on Saturday nights
- Great service
- Can be confusing to locate (Pennsylvania Ave. divides I Street at the corner).
- Address: 2013 I Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Phone: (202) 223-3600
- Hours: Lunch: Mon.-Fri. 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Dinner: Mon.-Sat. 5:30-10:30 p.m. Closed Sundays.
- Prices: Entrees from $14.50-$33.00.
- Reservations are recommended.
- Metro: Farragut West Metro stop on the blue/orange lines
- Parking: Valet available for $8.
- Web site: www.primipiatti.com
Guide Review - Primi Piatti Ristorante: A Restaurant Review
Primi Piatti is most known for its Veal shank stewed in tomato sauce, flavored with sun-dried porcini mushrooms or Center cut tuna filet marinated and grilled, served over fava beans in a reduction of Chianti wine and lobster broth. There is also a nice selection of pastas and pizzas.
The restaurant seats 127 people, plus there are four cocktail tables and 10 seats at the bar. Two private dining rooms can be combined to seat 55. The larger room accommodates up to 35, and the wine cellar, with its own sound system, can hold 20 guests. The patio for sidewalk café dining seats 40, weather permitting.
On Saturday evenings, Savino Recine, the restaurant's owner/chef performs entertaining magic demonstrations free of charge at your table. You can arrange for a special menu and magical evening for an intimate gathering or a large event.
Reviewed March 2006 - Prices are subject to change