The Bottom Line
- Excellent fresh seafood dishes
- Elegant and romantic setting
- Attentive service
- Outdoor seating overlooking the C & O Canal (seasonally)
- Great destination for private parties
- Address: Canal Square, 1054 31st St, NW Washington, DC
- Phone: (202) 337-8855
- Reservations: Recommended
- Prices: Lunch entrees $14-24, Dinner entrees $19-49, average price $26
- Hours: Lunch: Mon-Sat noon-3pm, Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:30pm-10pm, Closed Sunday
Guide Review - Sea Catch Restaurant Review - Washington, DC
The setting at Sea Catch is special with brick walls, hardwood floors, stone fireplaces, large windows and a view overlooking the C & O Canal. There are 4 dining rooms each with a cozy atmosphere. The 42-foot bar provides a casual place to relax and enjoy a drink or light fare.
The Canal Square Building has an interesting history as it is recognized as "the birthplace of the original computer". Originally built in 1842, the building served as a shipping warehouse and then later a coopers shop. Herman Hollerith converted the structure into a factory for manufacturing & printing punched card tabulating machines. Hollerith's Tabulating Machine Company was merged with two others to eventually create IBM.
Reviewed March 2008 - Prices are subject to change
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.