The Bottom Line
- Fine American cuisine in an elegant and inviting setting
- Classic piano bar with live music Thursday through Saturday nights
- Great service
- Quiet and relaxing atmosphere
- Address: 116 S. Alfred St., Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- Phone: (703) 838-8000 and (866) 834-6628
- Hours: Breakfast: Mon-Fri 7-10am, Sat-Sun 8-10am; Dinner: Sun-Thurs 6-9pm; Fri-Sat 6-10pm
- Bar: Sun-Thurs 5-11pm, Fri-Sat 5pm-12am;
Piano Bar: Singing starts after 9:30pm on Thurs-Sat
- Prices: Breakfast entrees $8 - $14; Dinner Entrees range from $$29 - $37.
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Valet parking is $5 for guests dining at the restaurant.
Guide Review - The Grille at Morrison House
The Morrison House is a small luxury hotel with 45 guestrooms and suites, featuring 18th century-style furnishings such as canopied beds, mahogany armoires, and fireplaces. The first floor includes the lobby and elegant sitting rooms, the Parlor, the Library, the Piano Bar and the Grille Restaurant.
Reviewed January 2007 - Prices are subject to change
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.