Washington DC has a variety of lively nightlife options and dozens of great bars and clubs. So, where are the best bars in Washington DC? That depends on what you are looking for. The following articles highlight the best happy hours, beer pubs, rooftop bars, sports bars, karaoke bars, live music clubs and much more.
Best Happy Hours at Washington, DC’s Hottest Restaurants
- Many Washington, DC bars and restaurants offer Happy Hour specials. The most popular happy hours are those that offer drink and food specials and entertainment as well.
Best and Worst Washington DC Bars
- Here’s your chance to help other people know what's great -- and not so great -- about a bar in Washington DC.
Best Beer Pubs & Breweries in the Washington, DC Area
- Looking for a great beer in the Washington, DC area? The capital region has a variety of pubs and breweries that offer an extensive selection of beers. Check out these microbreweries, bars and restaurants with a huge selection of local and international beers.
Rooftop Bars in Washington DC
- Spending a relaxing summer evening with friends at a rooftop bar is wonderful way to enjoy the ambiance of the city. Washington DC has several restaurants that have popular rooftop bars and lounges.
Sports Bars in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Find great places to have a drink and watch your favorite sports teams at a sports bar in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Irish Restaurants and Pubs
- Enjoy the casual atmosphere of an Irish pub with traditional Irish cuisine, live music and a variety of beers and ales.
Karaoke Bars in the Washington DC Area
- Looking for some fun Karaoke bars in the Washington, DC area? Here are some of the best places to enjoy karaoke in Washington, DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Top 10 Live Music Clubs in Washington, DC
- Washington, DC has a variety of live music clubs featuring a wide range of music including rock, punk, hip-hop, jazz, country, gospel, and alternative.
Top 10 Washington, DC Dance Clubs
- Washington, DC has some great nightlife. Dance clubs used to be hard to find in DC. In recent years, several large dance clubs have opened up in the liveliest neighborhoods of DC, from Adams Morgan, to the U Street corridor, to Penn Quarter, to New York Avenue.
Washington DC Nightclub Reviews
- See reviews of nightclubs in the Washington DC area or write one of your own. Learn about the nightlife venues in the nation's capital as well as the nearby suburbs of Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Washington, DC Gay Bars
See a guide to the gay bars in downtown DC.
Adams Morgan Bars and Nightclubs
- Adams Morgan is known by locals as Washington, DC's liveliest neighborhood for nightlife. It is a culturally diverse community with an eclectic mix of restaurants, nightclubs, coffee houses, bars, bookstores, art galleries and unique specialty shops
Dupont Circle Bars and Nightclubs
- Dupont Circle is a popular destination for nightlife in Washington, DC. Find a variety of bars and nightclubs, ranging from casual restaurants and dive bars to lively dance clubs.
Georgetown Bars and Nightlife
- Georgetown has a variety of bars and is known as one of Washington DC’s best destinations for dining and nightlife. You’ll find everything from singles hotspots to romantic wine bars to lively collegiate gathering places.
H Street Bars and Nightclubs
- The vibrant community along H Street is developing into an arts and entertainment district and it's a neighborhood to keep an eye on!
DC Drinking Laws and Regulations
- See an overview of DC's Liquor Laws.