The annual Downtown DC Holiday Market offers seasonal outdoor shopping with a festive atmosphere. Located in the heart of Washington DC’s Penn Quarter neighborhood, the event features nearly 180 rotating exhibitors and artisans with approximately 50 each week, offering distinctive gifts for sale including fine art, crafts, jewelry, clothing, accessories, pottery, photography, clothing and specialty foods. The Downtown Holiday Market also includes local food and live musical entertainment.
Dates and Times
November 29 - December 23, 2013
Noon to 8:00 p.m.
The Downtown Holiday Market will be located on the sidewalk of F Street, NW between 7th and 9th Streets, in front of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery. The Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro Station is located just steps from the Marketplace. See a map of Penn Quarter.
Participating Artisans (Partial List)
The local artisan community enthusiastically participates in the Downtown Holiday Market each year. Here is a sampling of the exhibitors to give you an idea of the variety:
- BoxBoy Demented Decoupage – collage
- LaughterPieces – painting
- Drew Smith Photography – photography
- Open Eyes Press – printmaking
- Ibhana Creations – clothing & accessories
- Jenafusion – fiber art
- Naked Décor – textiles
- Printemps Pottery – ceramics
- ZIMGEMS – craft
- Homegrown Glass Art – glass
- Baby Alpaca – imported crafts
- Tree-to-Art – woodworking
- Buffalo Craft Company – jewelry
- Jentz Prints – antiques & collectibles
- J. Chocolatier – gift foods
- Joyful Bath Co. – soaps & candles
Musical EntertainmentLive music will include a range of genres such as jazz, swing, blues, reggae, bluegrass, a cappella, and brass. Renowned local artists scheduled to perform include:
- Billy Thompson Band (blues)
- Hot Buttered Nuggets (swing)
- Karen Collins & Backroads Band (country)
- Stacy Brooks Band (blues, R & B)
- Tierra Morena (Afro-Andean fusion)
- The Sweater Set (folk)
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, the Washington, DC area has a wonderful selection of places to shop for unique gifts. Read More About Holiday Shopping in the Washington DC Area.