Maryland has a variety of places to see fireworks for the 4th of July. Most events are family-friendly and include live entertainment. Events are held on July 4th unless otherwise noted. See a map of fireworks locations in the DC metropolitan area
• Annapolis - Annapolis City Dock, Annapolis, Maryland. (410) 263-1183. Parade and fireworks: Parade starts at 6:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Parade Route: West Street, around Church Circle, down Main Street to the City Dock. Naval Academy's Concert Band will perform at the end of City Dock just prior to the fireworks.
• Bowie - Prince George's Stadium, 4101 NE Crain Hwy, Bowie, Maryland. Fireworks display after the game. For additional information and tickets, call (301) 805-6000.
• Boyds/Germantown - Germantown Soccerplex, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds, Maryland. (240) 777-6820. Patriotic concert at 7 p.m. and fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
• College Park - University of Maryland, College Park. Parking Lot 1, off Campus Drive near the University Boulevard/Adelphi Road entrance. (301) 864-8877. Food and music start at 7 p.m., with fireworks around 9 p.m.
• Columbia - Lake Kittamaquandi, 10221 Wincopin Circle Columbia, Maryland. (410) 740-4545. Music, children's entertainment begins at 5 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Frederick - Baker Park, Second and Bentz Streets, Frederick, Maryland. (301) 228-2844. A full day of activities, beginning at noon. Music on four stages, fireworks and much more.
• Gaithersburg - Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, Maryland. (301) 258-6350. Gates open at 5 p.m. Walk-in at Chestnut or Dalamar Streets; the Perry Parkway entrance will be closed. Entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Greenbelt - Buddy Attick Park, 555 Crescent Rd., Greenbelt, Maryland. (301) 397-2200. Entertainment begins at 4 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Kensington/Wheaton - Albert Einstein High School, 11135 Newport Road, Kensington, Maryland. Entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. and fireworks show will begin approximately 9:15 p.m. Free shuttle bus service will pick up passengers beginning at 6:15 p.m. at Westfield Wheaton and the Wheaton Metro Station.
• Laurel - July 5, 2014. Granville Gude Park, Laurel Lake, Laurel, Maryland. (301) 725-5300 ext. 44. Parade at 11 a.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Poolesville - Poolesville Polo Grounds, 14660 Hughes Rd., Poolesville, Maryland. Live music begins at 6 p.m., Fireworks at 9 p.m. Parking is $5 per vehicle. (301) 972-8888.
• Rockville - Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland. Additional parking will be available at Rockville Town Center. Live entertainment begins at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Six Flags America - Mitchellville, Maryland. (301) 249-1500. The amusement park sponsors a spectacular fireworks display on July 4th. Enjoy a full day of family entertainment.
• Solomons - Riverwalk, Solomons, Maryland. The waterfront community hosts an afternoon street fair and fireworks. Street Fair begins at 3 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Takoma Park - Takoma Park Middle School, 7611 Piney Branch Road, Takoma Park, Maryland. Parade at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen Avenues. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Waldorf - Regency Furniture Stadium, 11765 St. Linus Dr., Waldorf, Maryland. "Taste of Charles County", live music, childrens activities and fireworks. Entertainment begins at 4:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
For Fireworks in Washington, DC, See Page 1
For Fireworks in Virginia, See Page 3
See also, 4th of July Parades in Washington, DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia