Virginia has a variety of places to see 4th of July fireworks. You can see spectacular views of the fireworks on the National Mall from the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) in Arlington, Virginia near the Rosslyn Metro station and areas along the Virginia side of the Potomac River that can be reached from George Washington Memorial Parkway. You may park at the Gravelly Point parking lot, which is about a quarter mile from the 14th Street Bridge. Another great place to watch the fireworks is from the Air Force Memorial on Columbia Pike. An all day festival will be held at Long Bridge Park in Arlington providing an ideal location to view the National Mall fireworks.
Here are some other places in Virginia to see 4th of July fireworks. Events are held on July 4th unless otherwise noted. See a map of fireworks locations in the DC metropolitan area
• Alexandria - Oronoco Bay Park, 100 Madison St., Alexandria, Virginia. Celebrate Alexandria’s Birthday & the USA’s on Saturday, July 12, 2014, 7-10 p.m. Enjoy a concert by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra at 9 and fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Fairfax - Fairfax City, Independence Day Parade through the downtown area beginning at 10 a.m. Musical entertainment begins at 7 p.m. at Fairfax High School with a spectacular fireworks display at dark. (703) 385-7858.
• Falls Church - George Mason High School, 7124 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia. Live music will start at 7 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:20 p.m.
• Herndon - Bready Park, Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave. Herndon, Virginia. (703) 787-7300. Face painting, balloon sculpturing, bingo and crafts begin at 6:30 p.m. Music at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• King's Dominion - 16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, Virginia. Independence Day celebrations and fireworks.
• Leesburg - Ida Lee Park, Rt. 15 (King Street) and Ida Lee Drive, Leesburg, Virginia. (703) 777-1368. Gates open at 6 p.m. Fireworks around 9:30 p.m.
• Leesburg – Lansdowne Resort, 44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA. (703) 729-8400. Saturday, July 5, 2014. Live concert from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. followed by fireworks at approximately 9:45 p.m. Food and drink vendors on-site. No outside coolers allowed.
• Manassas - 9431 West Street, Manassas, Virginia. (703) 335-8872. Enjoy live music, children’s activities, food and fireworks. Entertainment begins at 4 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
• McLean - Langley High School, 6520 Georgetown Pike McLean, Virginia. (703) 790-0123. Grounds open at 8 p.m., fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Free admission and parking. Shuttle buses will be available from St. John’s Lutheran Church (on Douglass St. and Georgetown Pike) and the McLean Community Center.
• Reston - Lake Fairfax Park, 1400 Lake Fairfax Dr., Reston, Virginia. (703) 471-5415. Fireworks begin around 9:15 p.m.
• Vienna - Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry Street Southeast, Vienna, Virginia. Arts and crafts, food, live music, vendors, and games. Celebrations start at 11 a.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. at Southside Park on Ross Dr.
• Williamsburg – At Colonial Williamsburg, enjoy live entertainment, a dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence, performances by the Fifes and Drums, an open-air performance by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and fireworks in a patriotic setting. Celebrations begin at 5 p.m. Fireworks at 9:20 p.m. Busch Gardens celebrates with a patriotic tribute. Park performances begin at 5:30 p.m. and culminate with the Tour de Force: Fireworks Finale at 9:30 p.m.
See also, Independence Day at Mount Vernon
For Fireworks in Maryland, See Page 2
For Fireworks in Washington, DC, See Page 1
See also, 4th of July Parades in Washington, DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia